Automated 100% Pouch Seal Quality Inspection with Seal-Sensor Technology
Seal-Sensor™ is an Airborne Ultrasonic Technology that inspects the final pouch seal non-destructively 100% online. Seal-Sensor is a deterministic, quantitative, rapid and reliable method to inspect pouch seals for defects.
The additional benefit of Seal-Sensor ultrasound technology is that it can also be easily integrated into an existing production line conveyor. For the food, nutrition and medical device industries, this is the ideal automated solution for 100% seal quality assurance.
Seal-Sensor scans seals for defects as the pouch seal passes through the Seal-Sensor test head on the production line. Seal-Sensor detects incomplete seals, partial or weak areas in seals, and many common defects in seals that appear visually acceptable yet possess defects that affect product quality, value and shelf-life. Package materials & combinations include Tyvek®, paper, foil, film, aluminum, plastic and laminated materials.
- Deterministic inspection method producing quantitative results
- Non-destructive, non-invasive, no sample preparation
- Works for any material and combinations, regardless of color, transparency, print, surface finish and porosity
- Can be integrated for 100% online quality inspection of the final pouch seal
- Repeatable and reliable results
- Eliminates subjective, manual vision inspection methods
- Economical, cost-effective solution for seal integrity testing the final pouch seal
100% Pouch Seal Inspection with Integrated Conveyor Handling System
The Seal-Sensor PQX is a fully automated complete handling system and pouch seal inspection solution.
It features a built-in conveyor that can be easily integrated into a production line. The technology is PTI’s
Seal-Sensor airborne ultrasound to automatically scan the final pouch seal online at high speed. Seal-Sensor
technology is an ASTM Test Method F3004 and a recognized FDA consensus standard for seal quality
A rapid linear scan of the pouch seal provides immediate seal check/verification of seal quality inline at
high outputs. Test result data is produced in seconds.
Seal-Sensor PQX Benefits:
- 100% pouch seal inspection
- Easy integration into production lines
- Adjustable for different size pouches
- Manual load or robotic pick & place
- Built-in reject chute
Designed for Easy Integration
The Seal-Sensor PQX is a plug and play solution for inline pouch seal quality testing. This easy to install system
features a small footprint, with full screen HMI to display test result data as pouches are scanned. Inspection
rates range up to 350 mm/sec. A built-in reject chute quickly removes defects from the line, and built-in stack
light provides easy identification of pass/rail results.